Sunday, September 12, 2010

Welcome to Xhuul, watch your step and beware of the Necromutants!

For a while I have been wanting to run something old school. I've been inspired by some blogs that I read to do just that. Originally I was going to set the game using Gamma World, but then I discovered Castles & Crusades and decided to use that system and just port over Mutations from Gamma World (of course scaled down to work withing the lower hit point thresholds).

The world of Xhuul is a far-removed planet in a star system with a giant red sun. Other inspirations to the setting come from H.P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith, such as dark cults of alien gods, fungi, strange alien creatures and magically created beasts of myth.

This is a work in progress and this blog will detail the ideas and house rules as I create them.

4 comments:

  1. Looking foreword to this, sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Scott

    Thanks. When thinking about this journey to write all this stuff out, it does seem overwhelming.

    @Il Male

    I hope I don't disappoint. Not sure when the next post will go up. I'm currently reviewing the Gamma World mutations as I'm thinking about adding new ones and that would require a change to the chart.

    ReplyDelete