Monday, January 10, 2011

Disaster Narrowly Avoided

You know the old excuse "The dog ate my homework?" Well in this case, my dog almost ate my Moathouse maps. I came home from work the other day to find the maps on the dining room floor. My dog, an Australian Shepherd, has a tendency from time to time to pull things off the dining room table or from counter-tops in his boredom. Fortunately, he didn't chew on the maps. So now when I leave for work in the morning, I put the maps on my bed and close the door to my room.

This weekend, my gaming group will be back at my place on Sunday to continue where they left off. They didn't find the secret door in the northeast room that leads down to the small 10' x 10' room on the dungeon level. This small room has a secret door on the west and east walls that serves as an annex between the two sections of the dungeon level. They did find the small stairs leading down, but most likely they are going to leave and rest overnight somewhere in the swamp to get back their healing surges and Daily powers. The swamp is a dangerous place, so I will have to prepare for random overnight encounters. And this will give the Witch that lives in the Moathouse more than enough time to set up traps and defenses. What the party doesn't know is that the Witch is actually a Bog Hag that can shapechange into a beautiful female of human, elf, half-elf or eladrin race. I hope to use this ability to have the Hag gain their trust and then spring a suprise on the party or use it as a means for her escape.

2 comments:

  1. Having run Hommlet (and the Moathouse) many a time in the past, I'm enjoying hearing how it runs in 4E. Keep up the reports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom nom nom!

    My cats do the same thing. All paper is bedding material.

    ReplyDelete