Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Mini-Con

This Sunday is a small "mini-con" at a local gaming store. There are 6 events/games happening. I signed up for the "Dungeon Crawl Classics" game. I attended last year to playtest a DCC game that Joseph Goodman ran. Also playing in the same game was Cyclopeatron, who had a extensive review he posted on his blog. It was a good time and we succeeded in the adventure in record time. I remember that I played a Thief whose background was a gravedigger and ran around with a shovel. He didn't survive past the first encounter unfortunately. But there were plenty of spare characters in the party, as some players were playing two characters. I think Joseph Goodman encouraged this as attrition was expected to be high. The climax of the adventure was something right out of a movie and it was exciting and we won!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there this Sunday, I love DGS events! I was invited to run a game at their event this year, but unfortunately I'm going to be out of town.

    Speaking of minicons, are you going to make the one in Anaheim on July 30-31?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cyclopeatron: Looks like all the games on Satruday are full. I wouldn't mind playing in the S&W game, but 9am seems a wee bit early to play a game. I'll have to think about it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Saturday night Stormbringer game still needs some players. I hope you can make it, it would be fun to game with you again!

    ReplyDelete