Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Looks like many in my neighborhood were celebrating early last night popping off fireworks. My poor dog doesn't like the noise of fireworks and looks to me for reassurance that everything is OK.

I spent part of yesterday tinkering with my rebooted Xhuul sandbox hex map which I have placed on one of ChicagoWiz's One Page Wilderness Key Templates. I'm still writing up the Wilderness Encounter tables for the various terrain and using various sources to compile my monster list. Such sources include Kellri's Old School Encounters Reference netbook, pouring through my 3.5 edition Monster Manuals, Fiend Folio and the Monsters of Faerun. I'm using the 3.5 edition books to find appropriate creatures for the different terrain types and to determine the number of monsters encountered. Any statblock information will come from another of Kellri's fine resources, the Old School Monster Stat Block Reference netbook. Since I am using Castles & Crusades, I will of course be using the Ascending Armor class which won't be too hard to figure out.

I browsed through eBay yesterday and scored a decent copy of the 1st Edition AD&D Monster Manual for under $20.00 with shipping! I just love some of that old classic artwork for the monsters. I think the art for Demogorgon was more sinister than any of the modern artistic incarnations I have seen. Of course that Succubus picture is to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment