1) The war against the fleas seems to have subsided. I don't want declare victory as yet, because from what I have read, I may see signs of more fleas from 2-6 weeks from now, as eggs could hatch etc.,. I don't want to pull a "Dubya" by hanging the "Mission Accomplished" sign too early. Needless to say, my dog is doing much better and the redness of his skin is going away and he isn't scratching himself to death like he was.
2) I've decided to abandon the Xhuul Character sheets I had previously made. I wanted so much to keep the tentacle-themed border but it ate up too much real estate on the sheet and by the same token minimized the space to keep track of character data. I'm currently tweaking a character sheet I found here in Photoshop Elements. Once I have the final version, I will post it to the blog.
3) I've made a slight change to the Mutant Character class for the Xhuul setting. I made a few mutant characters and wasn't happy with the results. There was a possibility of creating a character that didn't start with any mutations. That made as much sense as having a sorceror with no spells. So I am going with a new method that combines classic Gamma World with my current rules.
Characters roll 1d4 twice, once for the number of Physical mutations and a second time for Mental mutations. That assigns the starting base number of mutations. When generating attributes, each "1" rolled on the 3d6 means a defect and any "6" rolled means a beneficial mutation. At player's discretion, defects can be cancelled out from any "6's" they roll. This change improves the chances that the character gets a decent number of mutations and doesn't create a hopless character.
The other change was that I increased the hit dice of mutant characters to 1d8 instead of 1d6. They still fight and gain experience using the Cleric Table as per standard Castles & Crusade rules.
4) I purchased the PDF of a classic Judge's Guild module, "Under the Storm Giant's Castle". I remember playing in this module way back around 1980. As a new player to AD&D back then, I thought it was interesting and evocative. As a more seasoned DM and player, I still think it's one of the more original "dungeon" settings. I'm thinking about adapting this for play in C&C. I won't be using the silly "balloon men" as I think Mephits would be a better replacement monster.
5) Oh and the AD&D Monster Manual (the one with the classic cover done by David C. Sutherland III) I purchased from Ebay arrived. It's in very good condition and with shipping, cost me less than $20.00.