Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Registered at SoCal Smackdown 2011

So, I registered for a one-day pass for SoCal Smackdown 2011, a gaming covention happening over Labor Day weekend. This is the convention's 2nd year and the good thing about it is that it's close by in Anaheim. This convention has sparked alot of debate and nerdrage because there is another covention happening the same weekend in Los Angeles (Strategicon?). The big gripe is that this upstart convention is drawing away gamers who would have attended the one in L.A. Whatever. I'll attend a venue that's closer to my backyard.

I signed up for a 1st Edition D&D game that is supposed to be a prequel to Tegel Manor. I have never played in the original Tegel Manor and never heard any stories about it to give away any spoilers, so it will be fresh and new to me.

I was going to sign up to play some DDM minis games, but found out that was going to cost an extra $4.00 per event to play. So, I'll pass.

I will admit, the event list looks really sparse. Maybe these are just the left-overs for late registration? Maybe alot of events are filled from those who pre-registered? I hope there is some other open gaming that I can get in on besides the event I signed up for.

I haven't been to a con in like forever, and I wanted to see what this newcomer had to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment