Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tyranny of Dragons Minis

For my birthday I received an Amazon gift card.  I bought a booster box of the new Tyranny of Dragons minis from Wiz-Kids.  I also purchased the first module of the new Pathfinder Iron Gods Adventure Path titled "Fires of Creation".  The premise of the adventure path is the introduction of technological items into the Pathfinder world of Golarion.  A massive starship crashed in the barbaric land of Numeria some time in the distant past and it has altered that land in strange ways due to radiation, leaked chemicals and rogue robots and androids.  This really hits my Gamma World buttons and I love it.  Because it is set in a land of barbarian tribes and warlords, it's really screams Thundarr the Barbarian to me.  You can even see some influences from the old TSR module "Expedition to the Barrier Peaks".

But anyway, back to the minis.  I received the minis today and opened the box.  I received a Huge Stone Giant, a Human Paladin (which I am going to get good use out of since I am playing one in a Rise of the Runelords game), a Wood Elf Druid and a small Mane Demon.  These minis look good and my only gripe is that you can't read the label that identifies the mini on the underside of the base.  Only the Huge mini is readable because for some reason Wiz Kids put the label in white ink, but didn't do so for the other minis.  Very strange.  At least the Pathfinder Battles minis are consistent that all of the labels are readable in white lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment